I've been tagged by EkoVox with a challenge to post seven things that most folks probably don't know or care to know about me.
1. When I was about ten a friend and I were approached in the barber shop by a revival preacher that offered us each $25 if we would help out around the tent services over the weekend and help pack up Monday morning. We excitedly agreed, hung out Friday night to Sunday night passing the plate, moving things around, straightening chairs, sweeping up and even got saved a couple times. When we went to get our money Monday morning the tent, the trucks, everything was gone. That's when I became interested in the subject of religion.
2. I was a champ at shooting marbles in elementary school. I'd come home after school with my bags and pockets stuffed with marbles.
3. I saw The Beatles play at Dodger Stadium in 1964.
4. I've always been facsinated by pocket knives. Bone handled pocket knives. I usually have at least two in my pockets.
5. I've met three very famous people that I'm fond of telling stories about. Charlie Manson, Vincent Price and Timothy Leary. I didn't spend more than thirty minutes with Dr. Leary but I'm so pleased that I got to meet that fine, gentle man.
6. I was at Yosemite the Fourth Of July weekend in 1970 when the bikers and the hippies raised a ruckus and Martial Law was imposed. My girlfriend and I got to enjoy the whole park all to ourselves after everybody else was run out.
7. I went for ten years, from August 1998 until August 2008,without driving a car.
I have two other things but Eko only asked for seven.
Now I pass the challenge to my friends Jeff, Dave and Humbug.